Aug. 11
Some parts of my identity that have had the greatest influence on the person I am is the experiences I went through and my church community. Through my experiences, I've learned a lot throughout my life like learning from my mistakes and learning to let things go I once couldn't let go. At some point in my life, I was going through depression and thought to myself I wouldn't be the same I once was before. I lost my spark within myself but after committing to going to church everyday and listening to testimonies from others and preaches, I learned that I could still get back up on my feet and leave the past behind. It took a lot of courage and time to learn and confidently be myself again but I learned if I don't make a change for my well-being, Ill forever end up being the same. I learned to love myself and started to surround myself with the people in my church which made a huge impact in my life. I am the person I am today because of my experiences and with the help of my church and still continue to. Iv'e also never felt pressure to hide a part of myself to fit in because I believe that people should never feel the need to and instead learn how to embrace themselves and to be confident on their own like I am.
Comments
Post a Comment